Friday, February 7, 2014

Oh the Cheese


Welcome to my first Foodie Friday! As you know I love food, so on Fridays I am going to highlight some of the interesting and amazing foods that I come across each week. This week I will highlight cheese and brownies. I know, so random. Saying cheese is a big deal here is an understatement; it's a really big deal! 
This is part of the cheese selection at the market. 
I picked out this large wheel of what I thought was brie, excited to use it. But a day later I was suprised to find my fridge smelling like a stockyard. It was not brie. Lesson learned: don't select the wrong cheese.
My next time at the market I found the real Brie, and it was only 1 Euro. 
Here is our dinner from last night using our cheese selections.
(Salad- spinach, brie, apples, pears, honey chicken, pine nuts, and raspberry vinaigrette. Side dish- tomatoes, mozzarella, and balsamic... Mmmm)

Tonight we are going to some friends' house for dinner and I offered to bring a dessert. Bad idea because the ingredients here are so different I feel like I don't know how to make anything. So I went with brownies from a box! I figured box brownies were pretty hard to screw up. I got home and realized I don't own a casserole dish to cook brownies in. I opened the box and to my suprise...
... a paper pan comes with the brownie mix... Genius! Why don't they do this in the US?

Today we went  to have lunch with Kellen. 
This is the Grand Place right by Kellen's office. We stopped by there after lunch for a Belgian Waffle!!
Maddie's all bundled up to see daddy!! That's all for today. I am currently watching the Olympic Opening Cerimony. We only are able to get British channels. So I am learning all about team GB. (Great Britian). And did you know Norway is the most successful winter Olympic country.  Go team Belgium- all 7 of them!
And of course team USA!!! Wow over 200 hundred athletes. Good luck! 
I love the Olympics they are always so inspiring! #teamUSA



No comments:

Post a Comment